Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Smart Phones

This world is changing drastically, and fast. With all of the technology to get things done from a simple email, to turning on your car, to turning on a fire in your home, listen to music, tv, and even cash checks with smart phones, they are just doing it all these days! They are taking over! Have you ever wondered what it would be like if we did not have all of this technology and communication 24/7 by juggling Facebook with family, Twitter with friends, and Instagram for the fun of it? I know that if I am ever in a time where I cannot have my phone for some reason (ex. bill needs to be paid, phone breaks, etc.) that I am actually SO MUCH less stressed out without the constant vibe or notification sound every second of the day. People used to live so much simpler lives, and appreciated the little things. I realize that America is evolving, but are we actually putting our values into question when a son sends his mother a text for mother's day, instead of just calling? To keep up with this fast pace environment that we live in, of course these smart phones enable us to get things done quicker. But is this the answer?

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. This world is changing too fast. Things used to be so much simpler when we were younger and didn't have all the things that we do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree. It's nice to not have a phone with you sometimes! For my mom, she gets so tired of checking email after email for work. She'll get into these "anti-technology" moods where she threatens to throw her Macbook out the window.. only after she screams "Take me back to the 70's!" haha.. Anyway, nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with you. Everything changes and it happens so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things have changed so much since we were all younger, it's crazy !I remember when you had to call your friends from your parents cell phone or your house phone, now you can text or tweet to them! This was a really good post ! :)

    ReplyDelete