Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Worst Cell Phone Service EVER

So, is it me or does anyone else have THE WORST cell phone reception on campus (especially in the dorms) of anywhere besides in a valley of the mountains in West Virginia? I get so incredibly frustrated when I am trying to multi-task for example, do my work on my computer in my room and take a phone call. In addition, my phone barely works in Mcneer (not at all on the 2nd floor) and Wi-Fi cannot connect in HMSS. It is so inconvenient to completely stop what I am doing to go outside to talk on my phone, as well as send a text several times for it to go through. I am getting so fed up with my coverage here with T-mobile that I am actually asking for a new phone for Christmas on my dad's plan (Verizon). Hopefully someone has some feedback regarding if Verizon coverage is better here at Richard Bland? Because I really do not think that anything makes me more upset than to go outside alone at night in my pajamas simply to use my phone.. I don't think that is unreasonable, is it? Maybe it is just my service provider, but if not then this is very inconvenient and I really do not know how to go about this ongoing issue.

P.S. I've tried my Wi-Fi calling in my dorm.... still will not work. Can you say FRUSTRATING?!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that the campus network is getting upgraded very soon, so that may help with WiFi. Switching to Verizon for calling may help too, as they have the reputation for widest coverage. Good luck. I'm an At&T user and have had no problems with phone at Bland. My iPhone won't connect to WiFi here though and that fix is apparently part of the upgrade happening soon. --Dan Ream, RBC librarian

    ReplyDelete