Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Too Much to Handle

It is unfortunate that I JUST realized 2 days ago that I was taking 16 credit hours, and I was trying to maintain a 5-6 day weekly work schedule. I felt like I had been overwhelmed for the past couple of weeks, but I thought that was normal. When I realized how many credits I was taking this semester, I was on the verge of dropping my Gen Bio course, and the Bio Lab. Instead, I talked to financial aid and they highly recommended that I do not drop these courses due to the fact that I have already paid for them, not to mention I am passing both and have done so much work for them already. Luckily, I slept on it and called my grandmother the next day in a panic because I did not want to drop the classes. My grandmother agreed and decided that I should cut back my hours at work and she so generously said that she would help me pay for the necessities of living (gas, food, etc.) I wish that I could just concentrate on school and not have to work, but I do realize that this is just an adversity of life. Money is an issue, and I wish that it was not. But I am so very lucky to have a supportive grandma that is willing to aid me during this time of financial struggle. In the end, I am staying in my Bio courses and have cut my work days to only 2-3 days max per week. A weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and I feel like I can now do my best in my courses, as well as have time to get help when I need it. I am so grateful that the lady in financial aid told me to sleep on it, and that I reached out to my loving grandmother. Now, all is resolved and I can sleep a little better at night.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way too! I work a lot and also have to try and keep my grades up. It's a lot of stress but it can be done! I think it was a good idea by staying in the class and you have an awesome grandmother!!! Good luck this year Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Krista, Morgan, you should just stay in your classes and work should understand that school is slightly more important, so hopefully they shouldn't have a problem with you not being able to go, but good luck with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete